Commonly Cute Blog

Monday, May 25, 2009

Blythe June 2009 Release - Casual Affair

Been hearing the buzz about the new June 2009 release for Blythe dolls named "Casual Affair" (my husband hates the name lol) - The promo pics are adorable.

After seeing her, I think most were hoping for a Blythe closely resembling "Rainy Day Parade" but without the price tag.

My personal wish on the promo picture was the feeling of her looking a little more 70's vintage. But I never try to set my expectations one way too far or I'll usually be disappointed by the release photo.


After a few weeks of checking everywhere hoping to see a picture, I had given up on seeing her this weekend but was pleasantly surprised today when I looked into Flickr and started seeing the release photos of her.

Hearing the usual "yes" and "no" opinions across the Blythe community, I am probably 50/50 about this one. Some are disappointed who were wishing for a "Rainy Day Parade" look alike, some who think her eyeshadow is the wrong color and not to mention in the release pictures, it looks like they've put a wig on her by pulling most of her bangs forward towards the center. It just doesn't look right.


For me, it's hard to judge how I'll truly feel about a girl until I've seen her in person. Which is why I say she's got a 50/50 shot at becoming a permanent fixture in my office.

But I am quite smitten by her. I think a little standard sanding to take off that eyeshadow and a little push of the bangs will make her a keeper.

Not to mention, I do love her stock. It looks like something you can mix and match and the colors are great. And who can resist a pair of heart-shaped eyeglasses?

This is the first time that I will be keeping my pre-order so, that's something to me. Love her or hate her, she's the new release for June 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
All Rights Reserved, Commonly Cute | Blog Theme by Mod Melon